Mennonite Voluntary Service (MVS)
The Seattle Mennonite Voluntary Service (MVS) unit is associated with 2 local Mennonite Churches, Seattle Mennonite Church and the Evergreen Mennonite Church.
Volunteers live in a large house located in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. Volunteers with the MVS program agree to serve at least 1 year with a non-profit organization in social service jobs. They live in community sharing meals, and a commitment to a lifestyle of simpler living.
This year’s placements
In 2015-16, MVS volunteers are serving with the following organizations:
- Ballard Food Bank www.ballardfoodbank.org
- Grist www.grist.org
- University District Food Bank www.udistrictfoodbank.org
- Frederic Ozanam House – a Low Income Housing Institute project at 801 9th Ave.
- Centerstone www.center-stone.org
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project www.nwirp.org
There is also a local Seattle Program Coordinator who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.